Welcome to Anse au Sable Farm
Family and friends are welcomed to our farm located on Ile-Perrot at the far West end of Montreal, near Vaudreuil-Dorion.
Our farm offers a variety of fruits and vegetables : strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, sweet corn, tomato, pepper, melon, eggplant, brussel sprouts, lettuce, cucumber, squash, pumpkin.
Don’t miss the apple picking season where we produce Honey Crisps, Gala, Golden Gala, Empire, Cortland… And we also offer a few home made products, such as apple juice, strawberry jam and fruit pie.
- Strawberry picking (from mid-June to mid-July)
- Apple picking (from mid-September to beginning of November)
- Purchase fresh fruits and vegetables directly at our booth (from May to November)
In 1980 the farm was purchased from wasteland on the Ile Perrot. There was a lot of work done to re-cultivate. Hawthorn, willow and aspen had to be cleared as they had taken over the fields. Old fences, barbed wire, rotten poles and half collapsed barns also had to be removed or repaired.
These early days were full of misery and labour. But one look at our farm will make one wonder: « How could these fields have been anything other than beautiful fertile land? ».
Today, we produce cereals and a variety of fruits and vegetables. On the farm, we also have a beautiful orchard of 1000 apple trees, which produce many varieties. This farm only gives us these treasures because of the consistent toiling of our valued employees.
- Anse au Sable’s fruit and vegetable calendar (in French only)
- PickYourOwn Strawberry Jam
- Everything about strawberries (in French only)